Deals on flights there and there, but not so much insider tourism industry offers them, without question them. Thus, if you want to get best deals flight you will need to do some research on their own. This article will take a great way for to start working in this direction. The following basic tips are available to all (ie, they do not require "insider connections" to achieve good results).
1) Order in advance. Since the main and well-known, I almost feel guilty, offering it as a hint. Nevertheless, it may save you a lot of money. Book your flight a month in advance, optimize discounts. Book your flight a week before, expect to pay premium prices.
2) do not fly during normal business hours. Airlines Flight – a supply and demand. If you insist on a flight between 8 am and 5 pm – subject to availability at least – then we plan to pay higher prices. Flying "Red Eye" – when a lot of available seats – can significantly reduce the cost of your ticket.
3) Check prices for flight to / from the alternative airport. Sometimes you get a better offer, traveling to the greater metropolitan area, rather than insisting on a flight which departs from the local airport "public." On the other hand, Los Anzhelenas, for example, knows that the journey in one of the smaller airports – not known as the LAX – can save them mucho dinero.
4) Ask the airline to adjust the price of their ticket, to reflect the current price they pay – unless, that is, prices have fallen since you booked your ticket. Few who do – or even knows about it – but the airlines will adjust the price when asking them. Just do not expect that they will do it without your encouragement.
5) Do not allow to park the car at the airport, if possible. Parking fees will be typed quickly – and can even compensate for all the savings that you could get from other efforts to save money. One day I went to Hawaii when he was in high school (about 30 years ago … gulp!), And after his return to Denver two weeks later came the cost of the car for the whole time of parking. more than $ 100, leaving the four of us who went on a trip, came home, except for coins in his pockets and fumes in the tank as long as we have completed the journey by car to 300 miles from the airport. Obviously, the parking at the airport is not always the case. Therefore, at least, consider the cost of parking in the plans of the Budget.
6) Try to fly "off-season". Of course, the flight to Hawaii for the Christmas feast sounds very attractive, if your house is located a few feet of snow, but flying there in the summer can be much cheaper. For example, I thought Hawaii in July, very enjoyable – especially with the extra money for the May-Theis on the beach.
7) Check the package offers. Sometimes you can save a lot of money by buying a package deal where you buy your flight, motel room, and maybe even rent a car, all in one "package deal." You can even throw further additives, such as a luau (Hawaiian), or show on Broadway (New York).
8) Bulk discounts. Sometimes organizations or groups organize trips for its members to give each individual part of the money. For example, older community do it when traveling to Las Vegas.
9) Check with an aggregator. These outfits – aggregators – compare multiple airlines and travel agencies – find lucrative offer from all the places in which they dig. Of course, the aggregator will not be able to check all the outlets, so try several aggregators, and then try to pass directly through the airlines that aggregators are considered the cheapest. You may find that the "direct route" to the airline chosen by you can take advantage of the best discounts with the help of frequent flyer programs and such – not to mention permission to bypass the travel agency fee (minimum, though there is).